Surface Pro 4 Screen Jumping/Flicker

M Surface pro 4 screen recently started flickering jumping. It started a little while after the anniversary update. It was fine prior to this.

If I have a full screen application like a game open, I do not see the issue, but once I minimize, the problem is there. It comes and goes whenever. There is no pattern. I did notice that it happens more often with an external monitor plugged in.

It did get noticeably better since updating to 14393.222 but since updating to 14393.321 it has gotten worse again.

I tried uninstalling video drivers but that didn't work.'

I noticed it also happens more when an external monitor is plugged in.

Today I even saw it happening during the surface boot screen. so now I'm starting to think it's a firmware issue.

This is what loos like:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjGXVzekDHBblPl5krAvMXOFhM9yOQ

Answer
Answer

Do you have the full name of that update? I have searched the ones listed on my update history and don't see one what that number (351).

This update is terrible btw:  Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3197954). It made the flickering even worse. I had to uninstall it (still flickers but much less).

To clarify .351 for the poster.

October 27, 2016—KB3197954 (OS Build 14393.351)   <--

^^^

I am NOT a Microsoft employee

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

If the issue still persists, we highly suggest that you contact our Assisted Support for further troubleshooting.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Kind regards. 

61 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 8, 2020 Views 12,592 Applies to: