Surface Pro 4 + MS Dock loses external monitors on screen unlock

I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro.

I have the new Surface Dock for it as well.

In the dock, I have 2 external monitors plugged in.

Last night (1/18/2016) I updated WIn10 to the latest version through Windows Upgrade (included a firmware update, and pretty large Win10 update, along with several Office updates).

Ever since the update, when I lock the screen (Win+L key), and then unlock the screen - the only monitor that still works is the one on the actual Surface Pro 4. The two monitors attached to the dock are gone.

To get them back, I have been just disconnecting the dock connector, and then reconnecting it.

This works, but then all my windows are re-organized and re-sized  - which is freakin' annoying!

Has anyone got a suggestion? Is there anyone at Microsoft aware of this issue? Help!

Answer
Answer

I am having the same issue.  New SP4 purchased 8/30/2016.  Worked fine with my Dell P2414H monitors, just as my SP3 had for a year.  This morning, no display config.  Only the SP4 monitor works.  As most have experienced, I have to disconnect the monitors from the dock to solve.  I've only dealt with this for a day and it is a terrible pain.  HELP MS.  

Hi,

We suggest that you download the latest Surface Pro 4 drivers and firmware, and check this link for Windows 10 updates. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2020 Views 5,249 Applies to: