Surface Pro 3, 4,5 suggestions

Hello Surface team. Listen up por favor!!

1)Must have a pen silo on the Tablet it self. There has to be a way to store the pen on the tablet  No two ways around it. 

Here is how you do it (or come up with a better idea): Include a thinner pen with the tablet that can be stored in the silo. Like how it is on ATIV SMART PC PRO or Note 3 .  Provide the thicker pen as an accessory for those who (artists etc.) need it . No more flimsy loop that peels off.  That was not cool Mr. Panay.

If you can create a great device like SP3 then you can figure out a way to incorporate a silo/stowage/garage/hook on the tablet.

2) Bring back TIP (Tablet Input Panel)  for Desktop. It worked before and it worked great. No more manually bringing up the OSK for desktop.

3) Provide a power cover for SP3. 

4) One more USB port and an RJ45 port also on the device would be great.

5) Line up the charms Windows button to the bezel windows button. Pay attention to the aesthetics.

6) Mechanical Windows button instead of capacitive button to prevent accidental pressing  You see why Apple and Samsung has stuck with mechanical buttons? 

7)Figure out a way (like the ipad magnetic covers) for the Type cover to stay closed (in the back pack especially). Now it may or may not stay closed.   Resulting in device staying powered on and loss of battery charge and getting hot and potential fire hazard

8) Include some extra pen tips in the box for Chris' Sake.

9)It is kinda tough to hit the taskbar when keyboard is in the wedge position. Fix it please.

(Please keep the size the same or increase it by reducing the bezel. Also please keep the aspect ratio same. Same goes for weight. Don't increase it, reduce it if possible)

Thanks for listening. (do you even monitor these forums? )

And ...do QA before shipping out the product.  Don't make customers who spend so much money do beta testing for your product. You have billions in the bank . We don't. Fix the wifi and stuff.

You spent a lot of time listening to Gabe from Penny Arcade. Now listen to us unwashed masses also. 

Finally, please don't over think.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello, I have a few suggestions. The Surface Pro 3 is great but I would like to see this on the Surface Pro 4:

Dislike

Size: You should make a Surface Pro 2 sized version.

Start Button: you should have the 10 inch have the start button on the bottom, but have the 12 inch version to have it on the side.

Color: You should give people the choice between a black and white edition

Port Layout: I would like the smaller version to have the layout of the Surface Pro 2

Heat: You should make it run cooler

Battery: A bit more, please

Touch Cover: Please make a redesigned touch cover

Pen: Should make the back button erase, and the eraser button the launch button

Kickstand: Good job Surface team.

Price: better already.

Processor: Should keep the choice.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

When such a product can't match or better another product MSFT will lose those customers that would want GPS to work

There are customers that are on the deal breaker fence when GPS is not avail

To get GPS to work in Surface in general is a bigger hassle. this is something a customer should not have to experience

this would push a customer to buy android or apple product than to add a companion product to surface

gosh if a customer tries to add MSFT GPS n Maps ... he would find out the gps part won't work

so why is that MSFT won't add GPS capabilities like Android n Apple has??

is it blame Intel???

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

well hhuey the reason for that is that the surface 3 was designed to be as light as possible though having gps would be pretty good improvement

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When such a product can't match or better another product MSFT will lose those customers that would want GPS to work

To get GPS to work in Surface in general is a bigger hassle. this is something a customer should not have to experience

this would push a customer to buy android or apple product than to add a companion product to surface

gosh if a customer tries to add MSFT GPS n Maps ... he would find out the gps part won't work

is it blame Intel???

I have to admit that part of the S3 Pro spec suprised me as well ("Digital Compass" vs. GPS), especially since my S Pro has GPS.

Lack of 3G/4G I can chalk up to Microsoft not wanting to negotiate some sort of account with a service provider, dealing with all the global bands, availability of tethering to dedicated hotspots or phones, etc. But single-chip GPS solutions they already had being removed I confess I did find surprising, although one could make the same argument about getting location from a tethered phone, if software supports this...

I'm also surprised they haven't announced a battery cover for the 12" keyboard design at the same time, especially with the spec bump to i7 processors available.  I do understand only having the "type" and not the "touch" cover for a larger unit intended to be more of a full laptop equivalent package.

If all else fails, get a bigger hammer...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for the power cover on the surface pro 3?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Richard Goldman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community! We too are very excited about the Surface Pro 3 launch!

In this case, all current available information about any upcoming accessories and devices for the Surface Pro 3 can be found in our Surface Blog, our News Center and the Surface website.

We appreciate your interest!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask! We are always here to help!

Cheers,

Mar T.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I switched to the Surface Pro 3 the first day it was available.  I switched from a Sony Vaio Duo 11 which is a tablet hybrid.   My chief motivation in switching was to be able to use the stylus in a more relaxed manner.   I knew that both machines were based on the N-trig technology but MS trumpeted their work on the stylus quite a bit so I took a chance on the product with high hopes.  The hardware is fantastic.  Here are a few software changes that would make a world of difference. 

1) Swype style keyboard option.  On-screen-keyboard typing on my Samsung Android based tablet (which has this feature) is SO much easier!

2) Let me toggle the windows button off.  When I am resting my hand on the screen and writing with the stylus, the palm rejection feature does not reject the palm when it contacts the windows key so if my writing gets too far over to the right side of the screen, I suddenly and unintentionally find myself in the start menu.  Very annoying.  (and very foreseeable, btw)

3) Let me toggle touch off, perhaps using one of the buttons on the pen.  Apparently,  when I bring my hand to the screen to begin writing, my wrist gets there too early before the presence of the pen has been detected therefore before palm rejection has been triggered.  This must be deeply ingrained behavior.  I can overcome it for a while but whenever I relax and begin really enjoying this otherwise wonderful machine, this problem pops up again instantly changing it from a wonderful experience to a frustrating one.  (You will note that I had this same problem with the Duo 11 and it caused me to abandon that otherwise wonderful machine. )

Please do these things.  I really want to love this machine.  I do love it but right now it is a love-hate kind of thing.  With these changes, it will be a love-love kind of thing. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree that lack of GPS is extremely disappointing. Weight and thickness has nothing to do with it. The Nexus 7 has GPS. Microsoft is really missing the boat with this device for field computing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

is it blame Intel???

It's not that big of the deal. You can get a USB one.

Like this one

Frank J Garcia (ctitanic)
Surface MVP
http://www.ultramobilepc-tips.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Surface team. Listen up por favor!!

1)Must have a pen silo on the Tablet it self. There has to be a way to store the pen on the tablet . No two ways around it. 

2) Bring back TIP (Tablet Input Panel)  for Desktop. It worked before and it worked great. No more manually bringing up the OSK for desktop.

Totally agree with these two.

Frank J Garcia (ctitanic)
Surface MVP
http://www.ultramobilepc-tips.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated December 30, 2019 Views 31,690 Applies to: