not enough USB resources error with the docking station

Split from this thread.

Was there ever resolution to this? I've got a surface pro 3 with the microsoft dock and have the same error. No hubs, no usb display ports, just the dock ports and am getting the same error.

I'm in the same boat. Running Surface Pro 3 i5 w/ the docking station. Have a all of my USB devices plugged in directly through the docking station and I get this error on a regular basis (typically when I'm plugging in my USB headset). For a while I though it was my StarTech.com MST hub for my monitors seeing how I hadn't had this problem until I started using it - but that plugs into the Mini Display Port and shouldn't have anything to do with USB resources, correct?

I have a few other strange things that happen on a regular basis. Sometimes I'm unable to even log into my machine seeing how I get a resource error issue and have to fully reboot. Wondering if this is related. Sometimes my graphics driver (suspecting the Startech MST hub as the culprit) comes to a halt and I can't watch anything video related  (even Youtube etc.) as the machine can't handle it. Lastly, I'm frequently battling with constant flickering (that lasts 2-5 seconds) with my two external displays that are connected to the MST hub.

I work for Microsoft and am going to post this thread (and the other one) into our Yammer site to see if I can get any hits.

Answer
Answer

Hello VicCooper142,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured, I am here to help.

Please do try the following:

• With the Surface connected to the Docking Station and network, unplug the Docking Station from the power outlet, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds to a minute, then plug it back and try to see if you have audio and USB functionality.
  • While the Docking Station is connected to the Surface pro 3, please check for Windows updates one last time, 
  • Do you have the possibility to test a different Surface Pro Docking Station? If you have a Microsoft Store in your area, please try to do so. This is the best way to determine if the issue is indeed with the Docking station or hardware related.

Additionally, please read the following support article:

If the issue persists after the performing the previous steps, we highly suggest you contact our Technical Support Team for further help and options.

Depending on what is most convenient for you, you can:

1. Open a service request yourself, using our Online Service Center
  2. Contact our Technical Support team here

We hope this helps. Please let us know!

Respectfully,
Ben_Mk

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 17, 2019 Views 2,480 Applies to: