Erratic cursor after the update Surface Pro 3

Hi,

i recently updated firmware and software on my Surface Pro3. After this cursor is moving frequently to the left corner of the surface and it is quite annoying.  I restored to the previous version and did a system refresh but it seem not help resolve the issue. Before the update cursor was working well. Please help me to resolve this issue.

thanks

Question Info

Last updated September 23, 2019 Views 36,910 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Look at this blog post. Solved it for me, it was the lights in the room.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/calvin_hsia/archive/2014/08/19/10551319.aspx       

47 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Ravi Jo,

Thank you for visiting and posting in the Microsoft Community! We appreciate you taking the time to consult with us about this issue you are experiencing. It is good to know your Surface Pro 3 is up to date, nevertheless I’m sorry to hear your cursor has been erratic since the update was installed. I will do my best to provide help and assistance!

• The first detail we would need to clarify is if you are using the touchpad on the Type/Touch Cover or if you are using a mouse? If so, which Cover/Mouse exactly?

• Was the Cover attached when the update was applied? Please make sure when you apply the latest Windows updates or when performing a Refresh that the Cover is attached. This is very important.

• Is the cursor erratic when using any applications or program, even when navigating the web?

• Have you tried your Cover/Mouse with other devices to determine if the issue is the Surface or the device?

• Have you tried detaching and reattaching?

The Cover has its own driver, which could be in need of an update. Also, the update for the Cover could’ve failed.

In order to provide the best troubleshooting steps it is important for you to tell us which device you are using exactly, however, we ask you to verify that you followed the instructions provided in our support article below when performing the Troubleshooting Touchscreen or a Refresh:

We will be looking forward to your reply! Keep us posted!

We are always here to help!

Best Wishes,

Mar T.

88 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.