Bluescreen Issues after updated Surface Pro 3 firmware 19/01/2016 - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_failure
I updated the January firmware update for Surface Pro 3 and ran into the following problems after the update was successfully installed:
1. Reboot into a black screen: After hitting the reboot button the machine shuts down but do not come back. I have to long press power button for 30 seconds and use "power + vol-" buttons to turn the device back on. Pressing the shut down button will also cause the same. A single click on the power button just won't boot up the device normal (interestingly it will boot up if I press the power button and leave it for 5 minutes).
2. Wake up from sleep randomly: After I press the power button and put the device into sleep, it wakes up automatically (and randomly) and stay in lock screen. (Wifi on, Bluetooth off, All accessories detached)
3. Surface App mapping not working: the app does not control the device.
4. Occasional BSOD ends in "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_failure"
5. Not all drivers are up-to-date as described in the SP3 update history page.
It seems not only me having the issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/42489o/sp3_new_firmware_01192016/
Thanks for all that have provided responses for this blue screen "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_failure" issue. With your help we were able to identify the source of the issue being the Surface Pen Settings driver (version 10.0.302.0 dated 10/22/2015) which was inadvertently being installed as part of the “System Firmware Update – 1/19/2016” or manually installed by some customers.
This driver is not intended for Surface Pro 3 and is no longer being offered as part of the update. If you had manually download and installed the Surface Pen Settings driver from the Surface Pro 4 Drivers page in an effort to enable Surface pen button customization through the Surface app on Surface Pro 3, you will need to roll back and remove the driver.
We are sorry for any confusion or inconvenience that this has caused.
[Update added 01/27/2016 by Jerry]
Today we re-released the Surface System Update from 1/19/2016. This update now includes a Surface Pen Settings driver (version 126.96.36.199 dated 1/23/2016). Installing the “System Hardware Update – 1/19/2016” will remove the 10.0.302.0 version of the Surface Pen Settings driver if it is installed on your Surface. The 10.0.302.0 version resulted in “DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE” BSOD issue as well as Surface randomly waking from sleep and long boot times associated with this driver being installed. Installing the “System Firmware Update – 1/19/2016” or “System Hardware Update – 1/19/2016” and then restarting (not shutdown) Surface should resolve these issues if it was associated with the Surface Pen Settings driver.
Below are the manual steps to remove version 10.0.302.0 of the Surface Pen Settings driver on your Surface Pro 3, in the event you are unable to install the re-released version of “System Firmware Update – 1/19/2016” or “System Hardware Update – 1/19/2016”.
- Restart (not shutdown) Surface.
- Right click the Windows Start Menu icon and click Device Manager.
- Click the arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand that node.
- Double-click on Surface Pen Settings.
- Click on the Driver tab to view the version information.
- If the version of the driver is 10.0.302.0, please click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall popup, check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK.
- Restart (not shutdown) Surface.
- You should now have the Surface Pen Settings driver version 188.8.131.52 dated 3/30/2015.