• April 20, 2017
    Announcement: Windows 10 Creators Update and the Feedback Hub and Get Help apps

Your feedback helps us shape Windows. So naturally, we’re anxious to hear about your experience with the Creators Update. The Feedback Hub app is a great way to provide feedback about what you like or dislike about the product. It is also a great way to get additional details and information about any issues you are experiencing and can help us understand and address those issues more swiftly. And we post responses to submissions in the app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback.

For more info on using the Feedback Hub or the Get Help apps, view our thread in the Windows forum.

Question

Surface Pro 3 Limited wifi problem

Mark Lenox asked on

I just bought my Surface Pro 3 yesterday and have installed all updates. After connecting to my home WiFi network, each time  I press the power button putting it to sleep, then reawaken it, the WiFi goes to "Limited", and I have no internet connection. I must then go to the WiFi connections settings, disconnect and reconnect to the network, and it works. This is a MAJOR and UNACCEPTABLE pain in the neck for a machine I paid $1400 for!

Moderator Edit: Remove the " marks from title as a bug exists that prevents subjects with "'s from showing up in search.

It CAN be done
187 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer

On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 14:26:10 +0000, TrevorGeffin wrote:

>>driver version number: 
>>
>>15.68.3066.135
>>
>>
>>
>>driver date: 29/10/2014

the only things I can suggest is uninstalling the driver in device manager,
restarting the Surface (which should reinstall the same driver) and seeing if
things improve.

next Tuesday is "patch Tuesday" - I don't honestly know if there will be a
wireless driver update and firmware for the SP3, but...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Barb
Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Please mark as answered if this answers your question

Barb
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
Windows Insider MVP
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
CtitanicMVP replied on
I just bought my Surface Pro 3 yesterday and have installed all updates. After connecting to my home WiFi network, each time  I press the power button putting it to sleep, then reawaken it, the WiFi goes to "Limited", and I have no internet connection. I must then go to the WiFi connections settings, disconnect and reconnect to the network, and it works. This is a MAJOR and UNACCEPTABLE pain in the neck for a machine I paid $1400 for!

Did you enable Hyper V?

if yes, you may want to read this:

http://winsupersite.com/mobile-devices/surface-pro-3-tip-hyper-v-vs-connected-standby

Frank J Garcia (ctitanic)
Surface MVP
http://www.ultramobilepc-tips.com
20 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress