Surface Pro 3 - i7 Processor, 256 Gb HDD,
Preordered it on 05/20/2014. Waited so long for the tablet and this is what I get :(
Similar to the reports from other users, I have had network connection issues with the one day old Surface Pro 3. So, I contacted Answer Desk agent and was asked to install the firmware upgrades which I did. But the problems have compounded after the updates. Here are my issues:
1. Breaking internet connection, and no this is not an issue with internet service, I have checked by connecting to the same wifi network with another dell laptop at the same time.
2. Internet speed goes to a max of 1Mbps whilst my internet connection > 50 Mbps. speedtest.net results were a shabby 1.34 Mbps on Surface while it gave me around 60 Mbps on a dell laptop connected to the same wifi network.
3. When I put it for sleep (close the lid) and reopen, it can not find network drive and hence can not connect to internet
4. When running only chrome and skype, with a 7% CPU usage and 34% RAM usage, it emits very high fan noise thus disturbing my skype call. Trust me when I say this, its not a minute level of noise. The problem is compounded by the fact that microphone is close to the fan slit. I can understand if its a CPU intensive process like a high end game, but come one, Skype with 7% CPU usage! Whats the point of an i7 processor if the system cant support 10% of its power. oh and then there's the over-heating.
5. Online Chat Support:
Chat support worked well yesterday but when I tried to connect to support again, I can not find a link to chat support for surface.
takes me directly to
And a direct Chat link given by the agent doesnt work either. It shows a page with a blue load ribbon which is on an infinite loop.
These are the error logs in web console.
- Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable) https://sas.css.microsoft.com/SupportAggregatorService/scripts/json2min.js
- Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable) https://sas.css.microsoft.com/SupportAggregatorService/scripts/SasSurface.js
- Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id. all.js:54
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). all.js:54
- Uncaught ReferenceError: ViewModelFactory is not defined
Did they per chance limit Surface chat support, so only those coming from Surface devices are accepted? It could be an issue with my workplace internet settings, but Windows Chat support worked from the same network.