Question

Q: Microsoft wireless display adapter not connecting to Surface Pro 3

I have a surface pro 3, all updates are complete, I have a new Microsoft wireless display adapter bought in the US, tried to use it on 2 different HDTV's today and I can't get the surface to connect to the adapter. I can see it paired, its on my surface as a device, I can see the adapter setup on the TV's HDMI channel, but when i try to connect the screen tries to connect, but then fails, no error not message, just says can not connect on the surface..

The name of the adapter on the TV and on the device list on the surface is MicrosoftDisplayAdapter_E8

I have tried it on a samsung and finlux TV, both only a few years old, and have powered USB so not sure what proble is

Answer

A:

Here's how I fixed the problem without a system reset.

1. Go into Device Manager and from View make sure show hidden devices s selected.

2. There should now be an item that has an exclamation point. Remove it and all of the devices with the same name followed by #1 #2 etc if there are any.  I'm sorry that I didn't make a note of what it was and I can't remember. But if this is your problem, it will be there. Make sure to uninstall all of the same named devices.

3. Restart. Do not rescan. I tried that and it didn't work. I had to restart to make it work.

4. After a restart I slide in from the right side and selected Devices from Charms. I selected project and the Add a Wireless Display was back. I tapped it and it found the MS Wireless Display Adapter. I connected and it worked fine.

Kevin

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Found the issue in my firewall, just need to figure out now how to apply a rule

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

13 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 50,863 Last updated: July 16, 2018 Applies to: