Surface Pro 2 december update issues

Hi,

yesterday I installed the firmware update including all other available updates and now I experience a some issues:

- sometimes, WiFi just loses connection

- when I boot the SP2, I am left with a black screen and a mouse pointer. Mouse pointer is frozen and nothing happens. I have to hold the power button to shut it down and try again, then it works. Only happens when it was off a while.

Does this happen to someone else too or is there a solution ?

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 255 Applies to:

Hello fdai2735

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Surface Pro2 after installing updates.

With wifi.  Can you correlate this with any particular app or function?  Does this happen after a consistent amount of time?  Does it happen more or less when you are actively using wifi?  What steps have you used to restore wifi?

With booting.  How often does this occur?  Does it happen more when waking from sleep or after a full shut down?  Does it happen more often after using a particular app or function?

Overall.  After a full shut down and start, have you checked for any additional updates?  Are you getting any error codes or messages?  Any performance issues, overheating, etc?

Best regards

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also have this problem. Rolling back to a restore point fixed it until I ran the windows update. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Just undo and give us a pre-Dec 10th update where everything worked flawlessly please! 

Sorry this didn't help.