Surface Pro 2 - Auto Sleep issues

Hello!

I'm here to report that when my surface pro 2 sleeps automatically, like after a certain amount of time (usually 10 minutes), I can easily wake it back with the touch of a finger. Just as if simply the display was turned off, rather than actually SLEEP. On the other hand, if I press the power button (set to sleep), then it will truly sleep, meaning touching the screen won't wake it up.

I would like to know if that was intended or is a firmware, hardware, software flaw. Though I do think it's a flaw, cause it's not actually sleeping when the display turns off. In fact what happens is that ONLY the display turns off but the machine keeps on awake. I tested that by doing a POWERCONFIG -LASTWAKE, and it returned 0.

I hope I'm not the only one affected by this!
Answer
Answer
Hm ... no chance. I've switch off IPv6 and my surface doesn't sleep. Now I will test to upgrade the wlan driver.

The latest firmware update should have fixed the problem for most. I used the default power plan with only some setting changes and it sleeps without any issue now. I didn't need to install any wlan driver by myself to make sleep to work. I think the easy way to make sure sleep should work is to reset your pro to factory setting and install all updates before anything else and test the sleep with default plan. If still no sleep, then get a replacement.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 1,325 Applies to: