Double tap to left click and drag on trackpad

Hello, I was trying to find a way to click and drag by using the Type Cover 2 trackpad without keeping the left mouse button pressed. Most touchpads nowadays register a rapid double click as a "left click and drag" command and, according to the documentation on Microsoft's website, the Type Cover 2 should as well. However, I tried to use the feature both in Desktop programs and UI apps with no success. How to left click and drag without keeping the trackpad's left mouse button pressed?

Edit: called the customer service, and I was told that the team is aware of the issue and that a fix is planned.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2018 Views 24,210 Applies to:
Answer
With 8.1 update 1, type/touch cover 2 can now perform double tap-drag. All hail lord Microsoft.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Greetings all,

The “Tap, then tap and slide one finger in any direction"  gesture to perform a “left-click and drag” is not supported in Windows 8.1 for precision touchpads such as Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2.

The “left-click and drag” function can be performed on Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2 by holding the left touchpad button down and then sliding a finger in any direction.

We’ll be updating the inaccurate information in Touchpad: A built-in mouse.

Thank you for posting,

Steven B

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.