Question

Q: Double tap to left click and drag on trackpad

Hello, I was trying to find a way to click and drag by using the Type Cover 2 trackpad without keeping the left mouse button pressed. Most touchpads nowadays register a rapid double click as a "left click and drag" command and, according to the documentation on Microsoft's website, the Type Cover 2 should as well. However, I tried to use the feature both in Desktop programs and UI apps with no success. How to left click and drag without keeping the trackpad's left mouse button pressed?

Edit: called the customer service, and I was told that the team is aware of the issue and that a fix is planned.

Answer

A:

With 8.1 update 1, type/touch cover 2 can now perform double tap-drag. All hail lord Microsoft.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

10 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Greetings all,

The “Tap, then tap and slide one finger in any direction"  gesture to perform a “left-click and drag” is not supported in Windows 8.1 for precision touchpads such as Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2.

The “left-click and drag” function can be performed on Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2 by holding the left touchpad button down and then sliding a finger in any direction.

We’ll be updating the inaccurate information in Touchpad: A built-in mouse.

Thank you for posting,

Steven B

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 23,256 Last updated: May 18, 2018 Applies to: