Pro 2 registration and Free skype, Skydrive, Outlook etc. cancelled.

I love my new Surface Pro 2 but....
 While trying to get Outlook to work with email and speaking with the “support” person at my internet provider, while trying to use Outlet, he told me to cancel my Microsoft account. Following his instructions I did, but since then my Surface has lost my Skydrive, Outlook and now Skype account. Initially that was the provider's mistake but it should have been fixable.

I tried Microsoft support and according to them I have to wait 30 days before my account can be reactivated.

I filled in numerous forms online and spoke to several support people at Microsoft to no avail.

Evidently my DOB email and all the info I gave them is not enough to verify who I am.

I am thoroughly annoyed by this as my mode of contact with my sister and son living overseas is via Skype. To lose 30 days through no fault of my own is ridiculous. I am having to do my email through my provider's web site and that is very basic. I cannot even highlight a message.

I don't know where to air my anger but perhaps someone here can advise.

You would think that Microsoft would have procedures in place for such events. The Surface Pro 2 is not cheap and to be treated as I have is nuts.

Can anyone help? I'd be so happy to have my account restored.

I still have my Skype registration key and also registered Office which I bought and installed at the time I bought the Pro 2.

In order to post here I have signed in under a new user, but I only have one real email address for all my stuff and by which people know me, which the Microsoft sign in area recognises but rejects.  This is the window's words.:

<quote>That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different email address or get a new account.
Generic Password Error Message
Microsoft account What's this?<unquote>

Sadly, your situation is not unique.  A customer of mine went through something similar to this about a year ago with Apple.

The user got his iPad swiped at an airport right before he boarded a plane.  When he got home, he called ATT and Apple to cancel his wifi service and to report the device stolen.  ATT and Apple gladly put the device into suspend and Apple deactivated it from his Apple ID.  Well, the young man who took it apparently had a change of heart and turned the device in to an Airline representative.

The customer was contacted and the airline shipped his iPad back to him.  ATT had no problem reactivating his cellular on this device.  Apple however, was a different story.  You can't reactivate an apple device that has been removed from your iTunes acct for 30 days.  It didn't matter if he could prove his identity, that he was the registered owner, or that he once again had possession of the device.  What's done was done and Apple wasn't budging. 

After 40 days, he was still unable to re-add the device and once again was stonewalled by Apple and was basically told again, sorry.  Your device is "outside the circle of trust"...  for lack of better words.  I don't honestly know if he ever bothered to follow up.  I don't think he's buying any more Apple products though.  

I hate to say it, but I doubt you will be successful getting anything reactivated until 30 days has passed.  Even then, who knows if you will still get skydrive or Skype credit.  Good luck.  I mean that. 

I do have a suggestion.  Create a new outlook.com email acct.  Something you can live with for the time being.  In 30 days time, add your old MS acct as an alias.  You will once again have that user account and have the ability to log in as that user on your device.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi LeaHullett,

We apologize if we are not able to respond in a timely manner. Let me direct you to the right support for your concern.

Since your query has to do with your Microsoft account, we recommend that you contact our Microsoft account support for better assistance. Issues like these would require sensitive information. You would need to create a support request by going to our secure e-form via this link.

For other users who have the same question, please create your own support request by following the link I have provided above. Make sure to choose the appropriate link for your concern.

Note: I have locked this thread since support moderators for Microsoft Account will respond to your query privately.

Regards,

Johayber T.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2018 Views 111 Applies to: