Volume rocker no longer works Surface Pro

The volume roller on the side of the Surface Pro no longer turn the volume up or down....it somehow activated narrator when I was trying to get them to respond.

I have tried everything short of resetting the device. They just won't work.

At the same time the type cover would no longer respond either. I've looked through the forums....updated everything...still no luck. I did get an update failed when updating Microsoft - Surface Type Cover .

Also the touchscreen has seemed to become less responsive....clicking is much harder. What has happened to my Surface Pro? This all happened around the same time.

Answer
Answer
I was having a problem very similar to this.  When I would use the volume up or down keys it would open Narrator or take a screen shot but I was able to use either the type keyboard or onscreen keyboard with no problems.  I had tried what everyone had posted above but nothing was working for me.  I finally just pressed the Windows button just below the screen and TA DA!  My problem was solved.  Somehow that was stuck and causing the issues with the volume keys on the side.

172 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Just to FYI--

I had the same problem. I fixed it quickly by:
1) removing my typecover
2) pressing the "windows botton" on the bottom of the device once. 

Now it works like before. it was obviously stuck thinking the Windows button was held down. 

144 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 5, 2020 Views 60,589 Applies to: