My pen is no longer functioning on Surface Pro.... Any suggestions?

I received my Surface Pro yesterday and the pen worked fine at first and now after being asleep for a few hours, it is no longer being detected by the screen. I've rebooted and even perform a system restore and still nothing. Has any one had similar problems, and if so have you cured them? Even if you haven't had the problem does anyone have any recommendations in terms of how to cure the problem. Thanks guys.

Question Info

Last updated August 30, 2019 Views 89,581 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Found this on another post....updated driver.

Fixed my issue.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Surface Pro stylus stopped working and screen would no longer rotate to portrait view.

This has happened to me twice since I got my device on launch day.  Both times this worked for me:

1. Shut down the device through the standard interface option (either using the touch screen or the mouse pointer if either are working.  Otherwise hold the power button for 10 seconds.
2. Completely power down the device by next holding the power button and volume up button together for 15 seconds minimum.  The Surface logo may appear a time or two, but keep holding the buttons for 15 seconds.  Release the buttons.
3. Hold the volume up button and press and release the power button.  When the Surface logo appears, release the volume up button.
4. You should be seeing the BIOS settings.  Test the stylus in this mode.  This has worked for me both times the main OS stopped responding to the stylus.
5.  If the stylus works in the BIOS screen, you should be good.  Select "Exit Setup" and the machine should boot normally.

This worked for me both times I had the issue.  It also resolved the rotating screen issue.

HTH,

mark

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.