HDMI to LCD TV cuts edges of screen

HDMI to LCD TV cuts edges of screen

I am using the Belkin mini display port to HDMI adapter designed for Apple MacBook. (DEF-00071-54846). It was sold to me at the Microsoft Store. I was surprised they used a product made for Apple.

The edges on all four sides are cut. When in Desk Top or Metro mode I cannot see the edges of the windows. In desktop mode when the windows are maximized I cannot see the title bar, max, min and close buttons. I cannot see the scroll bar on the right, the status bar on the bottom or the left edge of the window.

I tried all the settings I could find.

Screen resolution.

Display (Change size of all items, text size) 100% - 150%

Monitor Frequency,

I am using a Vizio VX32L HDTV at 1080i HD

I tried looking for a driver on the Vizio site but they do not have any.

I tried Windows driver update, not luck.

Is there a way to adjust the screen size so it would image would fit my TV?

Thanks

2013-Mar-03

Answer
Answer
Sometimes old tech and new don't work well.  You can wait and hope or buy a new TV, my suggestion was to see to double check and make sure it wasn't a general problem or  your cable... then you would be SURE it is your old TV and you could CONTACT Visio to see if they have some work around.  Some TVs have overscan features that can be turned off.         
Please mark as answered or helped if it did, it can help with problems others may have.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Sometimes old tech and new don't work well.  You can wait and hope or buy a new TV, my suggestion was to see to double check and make sure it wasn't a general problem or  your cable... then you would be SURE it is your old TV and you could CONTACT Visio to see if they have some work around.  Some TVs have overscan features that can be turned off.         

I have a Vizio M261VP (1080p HDTV) and using Intel HD 4000 with Windows 7 connected with RGB.  My TV was unable to display the native resolution of 1920x1080 and detected the TV as a generic PnP.  I tried various resolutions, hertz settings etc with no luck.  After reading your post I decided to try another RGB cable and the computer automatically detected it as a M261VP and adjusted to 1920x1080.  The cable which did not work (says 244G) is a lot thinner than the cable which does work (says N00115 A).

I was skeptical when I read your post, but tried it when nothing else worked.  THANKS!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2021 Views 22,491 Applies to: