Surface Laptop 3 - No TPM Settings in EUFI

I don't see the TPM Enable / Disable option in the EUFI security settings (when you hold down volume up and power on). Drivers and Firmware are all up to date as far as i can tell. From what I've seen online there should be TPM options here. That said. Bitlocker is working and i see the TPM settings within windows (tpm.msc). But what if I wasn't able to get into windows and need to clear the keys? 

I've posted some pictures below. 

Thanks in advance

|

Hi FrankFrank101,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community.

The TPM setting in the UEFI was removed following the January 30, 2020 update for Surface Laptop 3 with Intel Processor and for Surface Laptop 3 with AMD processor, the TPM setting was removed since it was launched. To view TPM status, you may do it through the tpm.msc in Windows. If you are one of the commercial customers that needs to disable this setting you may use the SEMM/DFCI. For more details, you may check this page to Manage Surface UEFI settings and Trusted Platform Module. You may contact our commercial team as well for assistance.

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a different problem. Windows is not seeing the TPM on my Surface Laptop 3 and all documentation points to enabling the TPM in the UEFI. However with the option no longer existing how can I see if the problem is that the TPM is not actually enabled?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 30, 2021 Views 2,289 Applies to: