Surface Go WiFi Adapter Problems

My Surface Go continually looses WiFi connectivity.  A reboot or using Device Manager to remove the connector generally works to restore the capability, but it extremely annoying.  I have yet to refresh the OS as I was hoping someone would have a solution that did not require that.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2018 Views 455 Applies to:
Answer

Thank you for the information, Allen. Since you have performed the suggestions to troubleshoot the issue yet you still encounter the problem, the next step we could take is to reset Windows using a recovery image. This will further rule out software issues and help us determine if the Surface Go unit you have needs to be replaced. Resetting the Surface will remove all the files currently stored on it so remember to back up your files. Once ready, please head to this page and download a recovery image.

After resetting your Surface Go, observe your WiFi connection. If the problem continues, please contact Microsoft Support or take the Surface to a Microsoft Store to get assistance regarding hardware issues.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Don't hold your breath for the October release. If the latest Preview Build (.17763.1) is any indication, the stock drivers supplied with that build won't improve anything.

However: I am now on Qualcomm Atheros drivers 10.0.0.720 for Bluetooth and 12.0.0.720 for Wireless LAN. These drivers so far look quite promising. I haven't seen a hiccup in Bluetooth or WLAN since having installed them. However, I still have Hibernate disabled (previous versions of those drivers frequently crashed when hibernate was enabled).

(edit: corrected driver version for WLAN - 11.0.0.720 > 12.0.0.720)

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.