Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Internet Browser Issues

After installing Windows 10 Anniversary, I experienced problems with internet browsers: Edge, IE 11,and yes Chrome.

Initially, the issues started with Edge. I noticed a number of web pages needed to be recovered. Also, notifications would cause the entire desktop to freeze. Web sites that I experienced issues with were: MSN, Amazon, and Yahoo.

I then tried to access those web sites using IE 11, and noticed the same issues with webpages, which had to be recovered and sluggish performance. I then install the Chrome internet browser, and experienced similar problems. 

At this time, I decided to verify that my installed version of Windows Anniversary ( 1607, 14393.10) was valid. I performed sfc /scannow, and received 100% success. I also test validated the applications, and found corruption with the Windows Store, but not with IE or Edge.  But the issues, which I described earlier, with webpages freezing and needing to be recovered, was still present.

I then decided to reset my reset my operating system

I posted my issues about a week ago.

I disabled Adobe Flash Player and this has helped me a lot.

I don't know if this will help you but its worth a try.

Good luck...

Thank you for your suggestion. It actually had a positive impact with the Edge browser.  The msn and amazon sites now function correctly. Prior to this step, I reset the OS, but save my files.  That seemed to resolve the problem, but only temporarily. Your suggestion provided the final step. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue, but I have to believe Microsoft has a more permanate fix for this issue.

You're welcome.

I am really surprised that more users have not complained about this.

I did see a thread on reddit from users stating that they had issues.

But nobody has recommended disabling AFP, except me.

I too am surprised that MS missed this in the AU release.

Luckily most web sites are moving away from AFP due to security reasons.

Dave

Discussion Info

Last updated October 4, 2019 Views 815 Applies to: