What did the latest update fix?

I don't get it. 

My issues, Connected Standby Draining the battery badly, battery drain from full power off state, keyboard freezing up and not working randomly, Auto Rotate On/Off message on screen, and Audio Popping sounds are all still happening.  Absolutely ZERO changes in the performance of the machine. 

Furthermore, the drivers for both Intel and GeForce need to be manually updated?  REALLY MICROSOFT? REALLY?????

This is absurd.  It's beyond absurd. 

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2019 Views 331 Applies to:

I don't get it. 

My issues, Connected Standby Draining the battery badly, battery drain from full power off state, keyboard freezing up and not working randomly, Auto Rotate On/Off message on screen, and Audio Popping sounds are all still happening.  Absolutely ZERO changes in the performance of the machine. 

Furthermore, the drivers for both Intel and GeForce need to be manually updated?  REALLY MICROSOFT? REALLY?????

This is absurd.  It's beyond absurd. 

What is really very perplexing is how some can have so much be wrong, and how some can have good results. There is something very curious going on here.

My issues compared to yours:

1. Connected Standby: Works just like my SP3 with some battery drain as would be expected.  Not a problem.

2. Battery drain from full power off state:  0-1% as expected.

3. Keyboard freezing up and working randomly:  Never

4. Auto Rotate On/Off message on screen:  Still happens occasionally, then disappears.  Does not upset me.

5. Audio Popping sounds: Never

6. Drivers need manual updating: All my updates have worked and never needed manual updating.

Read Paul Thurrott's recent article on Surface Problems:

https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/microsoft-surface/64280/reassessing-microsoft-surface

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

My experience with many Surface Books is that to try to overcome your issues, you must RECOVER FROM THE CLOUD, and reload all of the OS and then the latest Windows .....  Find out how to get to Advanced Options/Troubleshoot and find the option that says RECOVER FROM THE CLOUD.  You have to wipe the SSD but you are then downloading everything from scratch but from THE CLOUD it is coming from Microsoft and it is not reloading the OS from a saved partition in your SB.   If after you reset your SB by performing Recover From The Cloud, all those issues remain, then exchange it asap as it is likely your hard drive has errors that were flashed into it when it was manufactured... and when errors are flashing in during manufacture mostly they can NOT be overcome and corrected and the SB has to be exchanged....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.