Contacting Surface Support

I'm trying to contact Surface Support here in the UK as my SB has a black screen and won't boot.

I've tried going via the Answer Desk. I can log in and it has my SB's records (and shows it well within warranty) but when I get to the point to pick either Start Chat or Request a Call, nothing happens when I pick either of those two options - they both say that it should only take a minute or two and I am within the opening hours of the Answer Desk. I've tried other browsers and using iPad etc but everything gets the same result. Am I doing something stupid or missing somethiing obvious?

I've also tried the Support telephone line (0344 800 2400) but when I get through to the option for support for Surface devices it says something like all agents are busy and disconnects - that's been happening all day.

Any suggestions how I can talk to a live person?

Question Info

Last updated November 2, 2018 Views 328 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I'm trying to contact Surface Support here in the UK as my SB has a black screen and won't boot.

I've tried going via the Answer Desk. I can log in and it has my SB's records (and shows it well within warranty) but when I get to the point to pick either Start Chat or Request a Call, nothing happens when I pick either of those two options - they both say that it should only take a minute or two and I am within the opening hours of the Answer Desk. I've tried other browsers and using iPad etc but everything gets the same result. Am I doing something stupid or missing somethiing obvious?

I've also tried the Support telephone line (0344 800 2400) but when I get through to the option for support for Surface devices it says something like all agents are busy and disconnects - that's been happening all day.

Any suggestions how I can talk to a live person?

Hi,

If your Surface Book won’t boot, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article, Surface won’t turn on, Windows won’t start or the battery won’t charge.

Alternatively, if you were unable to contact Surface Support thru different mediums, you can try these options to reach us:

1. Microsoft Device Support – a self-service portal for help with device registration, warranty information, repair requests, repair order status for Surface, XBOX, Band and any other Microsoft devices.
  2. How to get service for Surface – to request service for Microsoft’s Surface products online.

Should you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.