Yellow tint on Surface Book Screen

I have a really noticeable yellow tint stain on all sides of my Surface Book. I spent well over 3 grand roughly a year or two ago on this "State of the Art" machine and now this? I need this fixed - how do I get this resolved? If its past the time limits you still need to fix this issue, I have seen too many posts on this now and it seems like faulty equipment - not something we should have to have already on this machine we invested so much into!! 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My screen eventually came away from the frame and the machine is unusable and unsafe.   I was able to contact Microsoft, and they said that if I had told them by the end of February they would have replaced my compute, but instead they wanted  $600 US plus tax to fix it.  They wasted a  lot of my time saying they were trying to expedite my issue and have it replaced for free, but in the end were not successful.  My sysadmin at work will not even allow it in the building so that they can clean it and dispose of it properly, since he says that it is unsafe.  Microsoft would not even help me dispose of it safely.  It is now in my fireplace behind closed glass doors until I figure out what I can do with it, since it could be a fire hazard.  This machine (Surface Book) was barely 3.5 years old.  I have NEVER had a laptop that lasted such a short time, and I have had  a few laptops over my 30 year plus  career so far.  I would not recommend any of the Microsoft Surface products that have a lithium battery behind the screen.  I bought a Lenovo Yoga c940 with similar specs to replace it and so far am very happy with the replacement.  I am a university professor and am advising all of my colleagues and students to stay away Microsoft Surface products.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think I know I how we can get MS's attention. We could create a site and just post our pictures of our Surface books with their lovely yellow tinted screens, with a rolling number for every Surface book.

Sorry this didn't help.

I has the same experience and I had to call the customer service since all stores are closed due COVID19. I hope someone will help me and change my laptop. The Surface book 1 has lot of issues and I hope they replace mine with newer version.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I know I how we can get MS's attention. We could create a site and just post our pictures of our Surface books with their lovely yellow tinted screens, with a rolling number for every Surface book.

and then bring a class action -- that will get their attention

Sorry this didn't help.

I am in brother.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I'm having the same issue. My screen is yellowing and the battery is causing the display to bulge making this "premium Microsoft product" unsafe and unusable. 

I contacted Microsoft support who let me know I'm outside the extended warranty period. Which was graciously extended because they know there's a defect with these.

Support offered me a same generation, refurbished model for CAD $1,000. So, another $1,000 for another Surface Book that will eventually have the same problem.

This issue absolutely needs legal action.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for supplying this information. I am greatly concerned that this is how Microsoft is playing this. I paid for extended Warranty which was for three years and had the issue starting in this period. I took the computer into Microsoft store Pitt St Sydney and was advised to keep an eye on it and it probably will not get worse. This wasn't the case. Then during Covid period the screen is now cupping with overheating. 

Sorry this didn't help.

You might have better luck than me. If you have a record of your visit about this issue during the warranty period, they may honour the warranty and replace your computer for free.   They claimed if I had evidence that there was an issue 2 months earlier they would have replaced mine for free.  Good luck.   

Sorry this didn't help.

I would be happy to post pictures of the screen pushed out of the frame. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Same Issue here with a surface 4 pro. 

I´m really disappointed with Microsoft response about this issue. Now We have to pay again around $500 US dollars to get a replacement on this device. The only reason of doing it  is because of the investment on all the accessories which costed a fortune and that we cannot spend again $1200 on a new device (we need this type of portable devices).

Is more than obvious that this is a manufacturer problem with a severe risk for the end user. A recall should be made. A total disappointment, and a replacement for the same device should be made at no cost.

Waiting on for the HAZMAT packaging material, after being mentioned not to use the device (but Microsoft mentioned that there is no risk of fire), to return the device and for an outrageous $500 dollars bill for a refurbished old device.

All microsoft stores are closed to public due to COVID19

See this post for pictures

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/surface-pro-4-wont-charge-or-turn-onbecause-it/b22479ee-d2da-4906-bd41-63807d81fb18?auth=1&tm=1596822384578

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 28, 2020 Views 23,051 Applies to: