Where are you Microsoft???

I joined this forum right after I started to have issues with my Surface Book (i7/256/gPU) and since then I come to this forum every single day at least 5 or 7 times per day to see what other people are doing to fix all the reported issues. What I am starting to notice is the change in tone from all users, from a peer-to-peer support and collaboration space to a place where we are all expressing our frustrations and disappointment while we count our days to make a decision if we return or not the Surface Book. But I think that the WORST part of all, (at least for me) is that Microsoft is not stepping up to address any of these issues

We know you (Microsoft) read these comments and follow some of these threads closely. The only thing we ask you to do is to acknowledge us, jump in and speak up. Tell us that you are working on it, share ETAs... something. Most of us believed in the product and pre-ordered it the same day it was launched. The least thing you can do is to work with us so we can help you to fix the problems. What is the point of having a forum if you are not going to lead the conversation?

Discussion Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 5,846 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your post is right on point.  I am literally minutes from returning my second (replacement) surface book for a refund so i can get another laptop that doesn't suck so much time from me, threatening my business.

We just had another update today and it would be helpful to know if that update was aimed at fixing the graphics driver crashing problem.

Completely agree with you AleCS75!

I love my Surface book. The device is beautiful! It's just what I wanted in a laptop and do not want to return it for a refund. I really hope MS jumps in and is vocal with the community having these freezing issues before the Surface name is tarnished.

I completely agree! 

My first SB was replaced due to the freezing issue, and the second SB had started the same thing 4 days after I received it leading me to think this was a broader issue than first thought. 

My 15 day return policy was up and I was force to make a judgment call whether to keep the device or return it. Without any information to base a judgement upon I felt I had no choice but to return my New device.

This could have been avoided had I gotten some acknowledgment that yes there was an issue and yes it was being addressed. 

I really liked the device and had hoped for a different outcome. 

I completely agree! 

My first SB was replaced due to the freezing issue, and the second SB had started the same thing 4 days after I received it leading me to think this was a broader issue than first thought. 

My 15 day return policy was up and I was force to make a judgment call whether to keep the device or return it. Without any information to base a judgement upon I felt I had no choice but to return my New device.

This could have been avoided had I gotten some acknowledgment that yes there was an issue and yes it was being addressed. 

I really liked the device and had hoped for a different outcome. 

The silence speaks volumes about this company.  Volumes. 

14 days left until my time comes to either get an update that fixes the display driver crashes and massive battery drain in standby or they can hand me my $2000 back and I'll get myself a nicely loaded up Apple device.  I rarely had an issue with my MacAir and then Mac Pro. 

Pathetic.

I consider you all lucky since you have at least received your surface books and had chances to return them. I keep getting informed that my order is pushed back. It's happened three times so far. With all of the issues being posted and the lack of response from Microsoft, I am really considering just cancelling the order. The MacBook pro may not double as a tablet but for the 2600 dollars I paid for nothing more than a promise that I some point in my life  I would get a surface book, I could have gotten a MacBook and an ipad. It really is no surprise that the surface book has as many issues as it does. That is all thanks to Microsoft's deployment tactics. They were extremely secretive with the product up until its release. Any decent developer or manufacturer knows that products need to be thoroughly tested before they are released, and it is a shame that a so-called tech-giant like Microsoft would get it so wrong. There was no real-world testing of functionality. Sure, they tested performance from every angle to get bullet-points for the tech specs but the number of issues that are occurring with an embarrassing consistency clearly shows otherwise.
I agree with you completely. I'm on my replacement Surface Book. Luckily I haven't encountered the freezing issue again, but I'm getting horrid battery life - no where near to what was proclaimed and I consider just surfing the web light use. I really wish that Microsoft would just address these issues....

I have had 3 and exchanged them all. Last one works...

Problems with mass production, rushing to push sub-par product out before XMAS, and feeling that they compete with Apple. And I soooo want to love this machine!

MS is not going to beat anyone with this kind of quality. This is on their management. The QA team, if there is one, need to be fired too.

MS is not going to beat anyone with this kind of quality. This is on their management. The QA team, if there is one, need to be fired too.

There's just no possible way the QA Team didn't catch all these obvious bugs. Don't blame them. I'll bet they were begging not to ship yet, but some manager thought patching after shipping would be better than delaying. Fire that guy. Not the poor engineers who must be completely embarrassed by this disaster of a premature launch.

I'm on my first replacement, batch 1541, and it froze today. 

Going to keep using it to figure out if it was a one time thing or otherwise. 

My last surface started out well, then during two weeks started freezing up up to 3-4 times a day while I used it. (batch 1542) Basically making it impossible to take notes in class as I had to keep resetting the device. 

Crossing my fingers but somehow I think there are some 1541, more 1542s, and some 1543s with this issue. 

Probably production issues or bad i7 processors according to rumors circulating.