Surface Book screen bulge/battery swelling

Hi, I've just noticed that the screen on my surface book was swelling in the center top area and the frame has also become bent. Because of this the magnets can't even hold the lid shut.

I researched the problem and found it was quite common (it is even one of the options when selecting a problem with the Surface device in the help chatbot: "Lifted, separated, or bulging screen"). Mine is not yet as severe as other pictures I've seen online where the screen became separated, but I am worried there will be an accident.

I have repeatedly tried to access the "Device service and repair" online page only to be told "We’re sorry. We are unable to process your request online at this time. Please contact Microsoft Support for assistance. (XNGviifRlkWoh0Sm.15)". After this I called the Microsoft service support number of my country (Argentina), only to be given what I imagine is a complaint number or something and be left hanging for a half hour while told to wait to be transferred to hardware support. After such a long time that I even had to leave I hung up.

After all this I know come here to make this post and see if someone at Microsoft can finally start helping me with this issue, I don't want my Surface Book to burst into flames.

Thanks.

>After this I called the Microsoft service support number of my country (Argentina)

Where and when did you purchase your Surface? If you are in an unsupported
country, you need to contact Microsoft from a supported country where Surface
Book was officially launched. it is NOT safe to use this device.

Barb
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Barb, thanks for the reply.

The Surface Book was given to my brother at a Microsoft internship in the US in 2017, it barely lasted over two years which is quite disappointing to say the least.

It could be possible to have someone take it to the US in a trip and contact Microsoft there, but this would be in no less than a couple of months and I also don't know how safe the device is to take on a plane.

Maybe I could try contacting the US Microsoft support offices from here, but  am open to other suggestions.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

not safe to take on a plane  and it is not safe to even USE this device.

I could try contacting the US Microsoft support offices from here

You can certainly try, but I don't think they can offer any options.

Barb
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
Windows Insider MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 7, 2020 Views 999 Applies to: