Surface Book i7/512/dGPU BSOD: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (while browsing in Firefox)

Got another blue screen of death on my Surface book today while browsing in Firefox. This time it says:

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

This is getting frustrating. How could you launch such an untested / unfinished product?

Yes, all updates installed successfully as of 10/29. Yes, they show as successfully installed in Windows Update history. Yes, I manually installed the SB driver .MSI posted to the Surface support forums too just to make sure nothing somehow got missed. But you all already know that because it just can't be possible that you actually launched this product without knowing full well you were shipping buggy drivers with it.

I'm embarrassed for your engineers as I'm sure they begged for the release to be pushed so they could finish, but some PM wasn't having it. Fire that PM. Hire more engineers. Get this fixed. It was WAY to expensive for me to be forced to do all this beta testing for you.

I hope you have some sort of customer retention thank you package planned for all the SB early adopters who paid top dollar, only to have to put up with all these blatant bugs that you simply HAD to know you were shipping them.

Answer
Answer

Hello B.C.CA

Reaching out to see if you are still affected by this error after installing the latest Windows and Surface updates.

Let us know what is happening.

Best regards 

Thanks for reaching out, John. While I haven't seen the VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR since all the latest updates, I've had 2 new BSODs (on top of the several Intel GPU driver crashes you're already well aware of). I'm sorry I didn't take pics of them but one said something about POWER, and the other said something about TIMING. Hopefully you have bugs open for BSODs with those words in them that you can +1.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2020 Views 1,780 Applies to: