I have got a lifted screen on the right edge of my Surface book

I bought my Surface book form US. It was the best laptop I ever used.

Unfortunately, after the warranty expired on this Feb 2017, the screen starts to get yellow discoloration on the right edge of the screen.

A week later, the mark is getting bigger so currently it is not only 2 inches long, the same thing develop on the left & top side too.

Moreover, the right edge is lifting up from its frame. The screen is now severely bulging.

Since I am living in Thailand now so I try to:

• Call Microsoft Thailand
    •  I reported the problem but the officer replied that they are only dealing with software issue.
    • She helped me finding any other contact number but she can't get any of them.
  • Send email to Surface support
    • My friend used to experience this discoloration last year so he gave me the contact e-mail.
    • I sent it explaining the issue I have. No response so far.
  • I went to the Surface support website (Thailand)
    • After I log in and try to apply for the Device Repair, the website only took me to the page where I can only leave the phone number.
    • They said that they will call me back soon. -- 4 days later but I haven't heard anything.
  • I went to the Surface support website (US)
    • After I log in and try to apply for the Device Repair, the website only took me to the page where I can only leave the phone number with the country code.
    • The first night (Thailand time), it shown that I should expect 25 min for them to call back. -- I waited until 1 am in the morning without any call.
    • Tonight I tried again, it shown that 7 min I should expected. -- It is midnight now without any call.
  • From my research, the last service center for Thailand was already closed last year.

I can hardly believe that this is how Microsoft operating. Although I am a big fan of Surface, I definitely can't buy this expensive laptop to use annually.

If anyone have any advice, I would be highly appreciate.

Hi,

We understand how important this issue for you. For us to quickly resolve this, it would be best that you contact Answer Desk as they have the necessary tools to solve your concern. You may reach them through this link. You may also check this article for the Global Customer Service phone numbers.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi 

I am begging you please. Is there any other way I can contact Microsoft?

The suggestions you provided didn't help me any further.

That is why I am struggling with this issue for 2 weeks.

• The answer desk didn't work.
    • I go through the process again via the first link your gave.
    • It takes me to the same point where I can only leave the phone number.
    • The message show that I should expect a call within 5 minutes. However, it is the same as the other nights. It is 10:30 pm in Thailand now and I am still keep waiting.

• Thank you for your second link, the global phone call.
    • I actually tried it before. If you go to Thailand number, you would see the same one that I used in my previous explanation.
    • It didn't help at all since when I dial to Hardware claim, the system will direct me to the officer that said sorry, she only can help with software issue.
  • I went to the dealer store yesterday. I found an officer from Microsoft (Thailand). After discussion, he said that Surface Book is not the model they sell in Thailand and he doesn't know how he can help.............

Two weeks of my attempt but I can't even find somebody from Microsoft to listen to my problem.

I am so desperate....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since you are still not receiving any call back from support, you may try checking this link on how to get service for Surface and see if it helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry, Marby.

I tried the link but it won't help anything since it takes me to the same old page where I can only put my contact number and keep on waiting for any call from Microsoft.

My bulging screen is getting worse on a daily basis. Now I can't even completely close the lid like I did before.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 15, 2019 Views 296 Applies to: