I bought my Surface book form US. It was the best laptop I ever used.
Unfortunately, after the warranty expired on this Feb 2017, the screen starts to get yellow discoloration on the right edge of the screen.
A week later, the mark is getting bigger so currently it is not only 2 inches long, the same thing develop on the left & top side too.
Moreover, the right edge is lifting up from its frame. The screen is now severely bulging.
Since I am living in Thailand now so I try to:
- Call Microsoft Thailand
- I reported the problem but the officer replied that they are only dealing with software issue.
- She helped me finding any other contact number but she can't get any of them.
- Send email to Surface support
- My friend used to experience this discoloration last year so he gave me the contact e-mail.
- I sent it explaining the issue I have. No response so far.
- I went to the Surface support website (Thailand)
- After I log in and try to apply for the Device Repair, the website only took me to the page where I can only leave the phone number.
- They said that they will call me back soon. -- 4 days later but I haven't heard anything.
- I went to the Surface support website (US)
- After I log in and try to apply for the Device Repair, the website only took me to the page where I can only leave the phone number with the country code.
- The first night (Thailand time), it shown that I should expect 25 min for them to call back. -- I waited until 1 am in the morning without any call.
- Tonight I tried again, it shown that 7 min I should expected. -- It is midnight now without any call.
- From my research, the last service center for Thailand was already closed last year.
I can hardly believe that this is how Microsoft operating. Although I am a big fan of Surface, I definitely can't buy this expensive laptop to use annually.
If anyone have any advice, I would be highly appreciate.