MY SURFACE GO ISNT BOOTING UP ITS JUST FLASHING THE MICROSOFT LOGO

My surface go isn't booting up. Its only flashing the microsoft logo.
|

Hi Essa,

Thank you for posting us here in Microsoft Community! We will the need the following information for us to isolate your concern.

• Were there any changes made before you get to this issue?
  • Did you install any programs on your Surface device? If Yes, what are they?
  • Have you seen a "Getting devices ready" or a spinning circle appears on the screen below the logo?

For the meantime, you may try to force shut down and restart the Surface device to check if it still having the same issue.

• Press and hold the power button until the screen turns off (about 10 seconds), then release the power button.
  • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You should see the Microsoft logo.

If that doesn't work, use this shutdown process to make sure your Surface completely turns off. Here’s how:

• Press and hold down the power button until your Surface restarts and you see the Windows logo screen (this takes about 20 seconds), then release the power button.

Keep up posted so we can assist you further.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

1)No

2)I have downloaded google chrome

3)No

I have tried them but it still won't boot up

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Essa,

Thank you for getting back to us. In this case, we need to reimage the Surface device to a factory state using USB recovery drive.

Important Creating a recovery drive will erase anything that is already stored on your USB drive. Make sure to transfer any important data from your USB drive to another storage device before using it to create a Surface USB recovery drive.  

Note: Make sure you have access to the product keys and installation files for any desktop apps, such as Microsoft Office, that you plan to reinstall after the reset.

Click this link to Download a recovery image for your Surface, you'll need:

• A PC running Windows 7 or later.
  • A USB drive with a storage capacity of 8 GB or larger (16 GB or larger for Surface Pro series)

1. Sign in with your Microsoft Account
  2. From the list of Surface devices available, select the device that you need a recovery image for
    Please note that while you will only be presented with devices that are currently registered on your account, you will also be presented with the option to get an image for a different type of device. If you try to use this option, you will be prompted to enter the serial number for that device
  3. Download the recovery image.
  4. When the download bar pops up at the bottom of your screen, save the file in a location you will be able to find it.
  5. Create a recovery drive:  
  • Insert your USB drive into the USB port of your PC.
  • From the desktop, open File Explorer
  • Tap and hold or right-click on the USB drive and choose Format
  • Select FAT32 as the file system and enter a Volume label to name the USB drive, such as RECOVERY, and then tap or click Start
  • Tap or click OK to erase the contents of the USB drive
  • Tap or click OK when the format is complete
  • On your PC, open recovery image that you downloaded by double-clicking it
  • At the top of the window tap on Extract and then Extract all. Select the USB drive you formatted earlier for the location and click Extract.

Reset the Surface device using a USB recovery drive:

1. Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in, and then insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port.
  2. Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button.
  3. When the Microsoft or Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.
  4. When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
  5. Select Troubleshoot, and then select Recover from a drive. If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the screen. 

Note: Be sure to select the Troubleshoot option on this screen. Don’t select the Use a device option. If you select the Use a device option, your Surface will reboot from the USB recovery drive again and the reset process will start over. 

• Choose either Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive.
    The option to clean the drive is more secure but takes much longer. For example, if you’re recycling your Surface, you should clean the drive. If you’re keeping your Surface, you just need to remove your files. 
  • Select Recover.
    Surface restarts and displays the Surface logo while the reset process continues. This can take several minutes. 

Keep us posted with the outcome

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,  

I got the same problem as essa.  My surface go just shows the logo when on button is pressed . I have tried both the press and release of the power button and the usb recovery drive . Not even the usb drive takes me past the flashing logo... Any last options before i have to send the device of to the mainland ?

/Camilla 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry 

But there isn't anything so you will have to send it to microsoft

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2021 Views 14,375 Applies to: