Whenever I run games, my Surface Book uses the integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU:
The GPU shows up in Device Manager and in the NVIDIA Control Panel, but in the former it appears as "NVIDIA GeForce GPU" rather than with a specific name:
I've tried a few things:
- Right-clicking the executable for a game and selecting "Run with graphics processor" and "High-performance NVIDIA processor (default)", where "Integrated graphics" and "Change default graphics processor..." were other options.
- Setting the "Preferred graphics processor" to "High-performance NVIDIA processor" in the NVIDIA Control Panel, where "Auto-select" and "Integrated graphics" were other options.
- Setting Power mode to "Best performance" via the battery icon in the Windows notification area.
- Connecting the laptop to a power source to not use the battery.
- Running Windows update and rebooting.
- Uninstalling the GPU from the Device Manager, with the option to also uninstall the driver checked; scanning for hardware changes; and updating the driver for the GPU. The whole process was successful but did not resolve the issue.
What further steps can I take to make the laptop use the dedicated graphics card?