Q: Surface Pen or Multi-touch not working after Fall Creators update is installed on Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book

After installing the new fall creator update, my surface pro 4 pen no longer writes, erases or interacts with the screen at all. All the buttons function normally. I used the Microsoft diagnostic trouble tree which had me replace batteries re-install the device, which did nothing. Is anyone else having this issue after the Fall Creator update installed, and if so do you have a solution? Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Today, we released an update to the Intel® Precise Touch driver (Intel Corporation – HIDClass – This driver resolves an issue where after Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book wakes from sleep, the touch driver will no longer respond to multi-touch input (like pinch to zoom) or the pen does not write.

We recommend that you install the latest updates to keep your Surface performing its best. You can get updates now by checking Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

You can find the details of the latest update on our Surface update history page.

Microsoft Surface Team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

23 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 11,804 Last updated: March 23, 2018 Applies to: