Microsoft Whiteboard - Ink to Text, Magic Wand option not appearing

Hello,

My Primary question is - I would like to take notes on Whiteboard (Using my Microsoft Surface Pro 7) and convert the notes to Text. 

I Was trying to search how to do that and somebody mentioned that you have to select the text by pressing the button at the bottom section of Pen and then press the "Magic Wand" icon. But in my Whiteboard this "Magic Wand" feature is not showing.

Is there another way to convert the ink notes to Text? Pls help.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, DalwinderSingh2!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community and taking the time to let us know about your inquiry. We understand you wish to be able to convert handwriting or ink into text with the Microsoft Whiteboard. Upon checking videos and articles, this is not mentioned in the articles that I have seen in our support site. You might've stumbled upon this Microsoft Whiteboard Help article. 

For the Surface Pen, it is mentioned you can enter text with your pen if you wish to write instead of typing on a keyboard. To do so, you can use the touch keyboard that appears on the screen. Please check this page to know more about the touch keyboard.

There is one Microsoft Office app that has a feature to take notes in several ways, which is the OneNote app. Please check this page to learn how to take notes in OneNote. It shows a video tutorial on how you can convert handwriting to text. 

The feature you wish to use on the Microsoft Whiteboard app is really useful. You can send feedback directly to the Microsoft Whiteboard team by tapping the Settings button and choosing Send Feedback. This will open the Microsoft Feedback hub, where you can enter information about the issue you’ve encountered and provide a screenshot.

We hope this helps you out, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you. 

Kind regards,                                                                                                                 

Janette_Z

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Why not integrate writing to text in whiteboard?  The access with a pen in note is rubbish.  You can't use fingers or pen to open the menu.  If you had a big screen, you couldn't use whiteboard practically with gestures.  Please get in touch if I can help with any thinking since run a software company for nearly 20 years.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Upon checking videos and articles, this is not mentioned in the articles that I have seen in our support site."

You need to see this video....... ¬_¬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunJleM0m-c

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, DalwinderSingh2!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community and taking the time to let us know about your inquiry. We understand you wish to be able to convert handwriting or ink into text with the Microsoft Whiteboard. Upon checking videos and articles, this is not mentioned in the articles that I have seen in our support site. You might've stumbled upon this Microsoft Whiteboard Help article. 

For the Surface Pen, it is mentioned you can enter text with your pen if you wish to write instead of typing on a keyboard. To do so, you can use the touch keyboard that appears on the screen. Please check this page to know more about the touch keyboard.

There is one Microsoft Office app that has a feature to take notes in several ways, which is the OneNote app. Please check this page to learn how to take notes in OneNote. It shows a video tutorial on how you can convert handwriting to text. 

The feature you wish to use on the Microsoft Whiteboard app is really useful. You can send feedback directly to the Microsoft Whiteboard team by tapping the Settings button and choosing Send Feedback. This will open the Microsoft Feedback hub, where you can enter information about the issue you’ve encountered and provide a screenshot.

We hope this helps you out, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you. 

Kind regards,                                                                                                                 

Janette_Z

Where can I get the magic wand? where can i download it? my whiteboard dont  have that option.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Until the last windows update, I was able to enter text in Microsoft Whiteboard with my Wacom Intuos Pro M pen.
Now only a keyboard appears. 
How ca I turn the handwriting on?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is the article others are reading which clearly shows this feature.

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-whiteboard-app-can-now-beautify-your-handwritten-notes/

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

TKU this feature is great!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Microsoft video posted by SoyPepeGrillo clearly shows this feature, which CharlesGordanier loves. I also would love it, if someone could tell me how to get it to appear in the pop-up window. Everything else seems to be there but the magic wand. The one thing I want. I have a new Lenovo Yoga running Windows 10. Please, someone, explain what I am missing here. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dalwinder:

Regarding the magic wand not appearing. . .

Try this:

1. Open whiteboard.
  2. Hand write some text.
  3. Click on the text.  A window should open as illustrated:
  4. The magic wand icon should be on the left.  See arrow.

If you do not have a wand, then I have no idea how to fix it. 

Charles sends

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, this is what I get :( 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2021 Views 8,995 Applies to: