keyboard not working

we have three surfaces two of which are working correctly. when we connected the keyboard to the third it would not show up as connected and wouldn't allow for typing or mouse use. anyone else have a similar problem or know how to fix?
|
Answer
Answer

I had the same issue. End up calling the support number posted on the link http://www.microsoft.com/surface/support/contact-us/ (thank you Steven_B and others for the link). The support guy called me in 30 seconds and was able to resolve the issue in 2 minutes. Kudos to Microsoft Tech Support.

Here's the solution that worked for me:-

1. Turn on the surface and login.

2. Attach the touch/type cover that's not working

3. Hold the Volume Up key (located on the left side) AND Power bottom (located on top right) for 30 seconds and then let it go. This will reboot the surface and force it to refresh all the drivers. This process is called "Two button reset".

4. Once you are back on the Login screen login and use the keyboard.

5. It should work... it did for me :)

I hope this helps!

104 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I have been equally frustrated by the keyboard and spent a number of hours trying to fix the issue.  What has worked for me so far is to hold the tablet (with keyboard attached) upright, and then successively rotate it 90 degrees allowing the screen to adjust to its new orientation each time.  By the time I rotate back to the original position (i.e. 4 90 degree turns) the keyboard has "reset" and is now working.  Perhaps Microsoft can look into this and build a software fix to the problem.

81 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 23, 2020 Views 92,647 Applies to: