• April 20, 2017
    Announcement: Windows 10 Creators Update and the Feedback Hub and Get Help apps

Your feedback helps us shape Windows. So naturally, we’re anxious to hear about your experience with the Creators Update. The Feedback Hub app is a great way to provide feedback about what you like or dislike about the product. It is also a great way to get additional details and information about any issues you are experiencing and can help us understand and address those issues more swiftly. And we post responses to submissions in the app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback.

For more info on using the Feedback Hub or the Get Help apps, view our thread in the Windows forum.

Question

wifi slow Surface 3

DonDavis Jr asked on

WiFi download speeds went from 15.5 mbs to 3.5. Other devices on same network still at speed. Have tried rolling back driver, didn't help. Surface 3 that I have had for 1 week. Any ideas?

9 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer

Your Gateway seems to be using only WPA (hackable) while your extender is using WPA2/WPA mixed mode. You need to set your Gateway to WPA2 only and your extender to WPA2 only.

There are lots of complaints about the NVG510. Also I see that what you posted shows "66 leases" meaning 66 deices/computers have been connected. I'd make the WPA2 changes above and reboot everything.

DHCP Leases Allocated 66

Barb
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
Windows Insider MVP
3 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress