Windows asking for company login after reset

Hi, I purchased 3 Surface (2x laptop, 1 x pro 7) in a liquidation auction. They are only 3 months old. The 2 laptops I have managed to do a clean reset and are good to go. No company windows login information left.

The suface pro I have clean reset including removal of all files twice.

I have imaged a fresh copy of windows and installed it, and it still wants to ask me for a company email to login to continue the set up. I enter the network information to connect to wifi, then instead of allowing to login locally or enter a new email to login, it goes back to the company email account login page.

This has me completely stuffed, any ideas most appreciated.

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup***

Hi TimPetersen1,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community.

Please make sure that when you re-install a fresh copy of Windows on the device, these steps below were followed:

USB Recovery:

This option will reimage the entire device and reload Windows including the drivers and firmware. It is the most complete form of Reset and it will wipe out everything on the device. You will need also a 16GB/32GB of flash drive that must be formatted into FAT32 prior to downloading the Recovery Image. If you like to try, you can follow the steps provided below:

How to Download, Create and Use a USB recovery drive

To download the Recovery Image:

• You'll need a PC running Windows 7 or later or Surface Device.  

1. Visit the page to Download the recovery image for your Surface

2. Sign in with your Microsoft Account

3. From the list of Surface devices available, select the device that you need a recovery image for
    Please note that while you will only be presented with devices that are currently registered on your account, you will also be presented with the option to get an image for a different type of device. If you try to use this option, you will be prompted to enter the serial number for that device

4. Download the recovery image using the button on the page

5. When the download bar pops up at the bottom of your screen, save the file in a location you will be able to find it.

Format USB Drive:

• Note: Formatting a recovery drive will erase anything that is already stored on your USB drive. Make sure to transfer any important data from your USB drive to another storage device before using it to create a Surface USB recovery drive.

1. Insert your USB drive into the USB port of your PC.

2. From the desktop, open File Explorer

3. Tap and hold or right-click on the USB drive and choose Format

4. Select FAT32 as the file system and enter a Volume label to name the USB drive, such as RECOVERY, and then tap or click Start

5. Tap or click OK to erase the contents of the USB drive

6. Tap or click OK when the format is complete

Create a recovery drive:

1. On your Surface or PC, open recovery image that you downloaded by double-clicking it or right click then select Extract and then Extract all.

2. Select the USB drive you formatted earlier for the location and click Extract.

Use a USB recovery drive to reset your Surface:

1. Shutdown the Surface

2. Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port

3. Press and hold the volume-down (-) rocker

4. Press and release the power button

5. When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-down (-) rocker

6. Surface will start the recovery software on the USB recovery drive

7. When prompted, choose your language options and keyboard layout

8. Select Troubleshoot

9. Select Recover from a Drive. Choose Remove Everything and Fully Clean the Drive. Recovering this PC.

10. If prompted, select Repartition the drives

11. If prompted for BitLocker Key, tap Skip this Drive

If still the issue persist even after doing the steps above, please try running the Surface Data Eraser Tool first the proceed with the USB Recovery again. See this page for the steps in using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser Tool.

Hope this helps.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 4,628 Applies to: