Wifi and surface dock Lan terribly slow network speeds

There was a period of time just after the surface dock dual monitor issue was solved and the creator updates that i loved my surface pro 4.  Now a days the network no matter whether i use wifi or the lan through my surface dock has terrible file transfer speeds (internet is nothing to brag about either).  I pay for gigabit internet but cant get about 200 mbps on my $3000 surface pro 4 (I7 16gb ram 1tb ssd).  file transfers average between 2 to 30 mb\s according to windows explorer window that pops up on initiation.  Funny thing is the wifi and lan are about the same speed. The lan should be way faster but it isnt.  Back ground - i am an IT person my router has QOS turned off, i have disabled QOS in windows, and yes my other three computers on my network hit 900 mbps on the internet and 133mb\s on file transfers.  I did a fresh install of the most current windows version and let it install all the drivers and nothing more.  Nothing changes.  I have tried everything and but am lost for words.  What a piece of garbage.   I have tried all the latest internet quick fixes but none of them work.  I am desperate for a fix.

Hi,

There can be several factors that can affect your internet connection speeds. Were you able to connect your Surface to a different WiFi network, verify if the same issue occurs? Also, can you tell us more about the time you noticed that you're getting a slow throughput?

Here's a link to ensure you're able to install all the latest updates.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Keep in mind this is a fresh install of 1709. I tried every driver and solution I could find.  I finally decided to just do a fresh install and there is no difference.   I believe it happened originally with either the fall creator update or the latest surface dock update.   I know that after the surface dock update I now occasionally get a missing usb driver(Surface Usci Device) in the device manager.   I have two surface docks with the same firmware update and the docks are terribly slow on my surface book two too.   Can you roll back the dock or do you have a firmware flash to update them?  the surface dock updater says they are up tp date.

On a side note I can tell you the wifi on my surface book 2 gets really slow with the fall creator update (1709).  If I roll it back (1703) it works normally again. The dock is slow no matter what version windows I am running.  I really think microsoft broke the dock with the last update and Fall creator update broke the wifi. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If the problem exists even when you're connected to a different WiFi network, there's a possibility that a bug in the recent update is causing this issue. We encourage you to submit this issue using the Feedback Hub.

When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about the issue which will help us to determine what's causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app, so you can see what we're doing about the feedback. You can visit the feedback frequently to see the status of the item.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On your Surface, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.
2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
4 Important: If possible, reproduce the problem after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done.
5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique lik>)

Let us know if you have any additional concerns.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 31, 2020 Views 1,621 Applies to: