Where are the home, back and other nav buttons.

Why are the navigation buttons missing? 

Or only sort of show up in what seems random times? In random ways? Is there a rhyme or reason for this? 

On the subject of missing features.. Why are you not bringing back some of the best features of windows phone that would have worked here? Ones that we KNOW can work as there are 3 party emulators that do it already. 

Like live tiles for instance. Not only is there no app for this.. You BROKE ALL THE OTHER LAUNCHERS..  Launcher10 doesnt work and neither did any others I tried. 

Seriously you made this less customizable than a Galaxy and basic features are missing.. It's like windowsphone7 all over again. Remember when for some reason you thought cut and paste wouldn't be needed a BASIC feature in Windows CE.. 

I have waited for years for this phone... I have been a avid MS supporter since my first Windows Mobile 5.0 phone and till the last gasp of WP10 with my HP Elite. 

I expected this to be full of Ms tweaks.. Instead we have what feels like a stripped Down Android with a few cute tricks.. But not much else. Heck we even get Google assistant instead of Cortana...

Seriously you couldn't even get FB messenger to display correctly in single screen mode.. WTH.. 

No one wanted this to be a home run more than me.. 

But... wow... How could you have spent so much time on such great hardware and not finish the software..?

It's Android... How hard could it be to leave some of the things that WORKED alone? Instead as noted above, basic major apps don't work, theres no home or back button, to name just a few issues. 

Add to that for $1400 the speaker is ****, the camera is horrible in low light... and overall ehh.. At best. I just find it hard to find anything to like other than the form factor and build quality of the product. 

A quick reply to one of the items in your rant. If you want the familiar navigation buttons, you can turn them on in settings. Most newer Androids come default with Gestures turned on, but if you don't like them change it. There is a learning curve with Gestures, but now that I use them I won't go back.  

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks.. didnt know that was a thing. 

It helps a lot. When I want to go back three times for instance, my thumb is over the back icon... and tap tap tap.. I am back where I wanted to be. 

I find the duo has a hard time with left and right swipes and so many commands that use a variant of the up swipe.. I cant see how Gestures would be good on it.. and so far I havent been wrong. 

Now I have those back, I may give it a little more time. I am going to try launcher10 again. 

ALso noticed the issue with FB Messenger seemed to stop, when I turned on the navigation buttons. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also if you turn off chat heads for messenger you will have a much better experience. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2023 Views 1,657 Applies to: