"There's no more BitLocker recovery options on your PC"

Regarding Microsoft Surface Pro, Windows 10.

Seemingly after a windows update, the desktop stopped loading properly – only the taskbar would load, cursor would move and everything would be unresponsive. None of the options under Advanced Startup functions,stating the error number 80070013. We created a Win10 recovery USB – after running Startup Repair from the USB it asked for the BitLocker recovery key, however BitLocker was never configured on the OS manually. Afterwards the Surface drive became locked such that the message “There are no more BitLocker recovery options on your PC” appears on boot, and it isn’t possible to access the drive anymore.

Can somebody advise me how I can resolve this issue? I have a lot of my work on this and i really do not want to wipe them.

Thanks.

Regards, 

Tea

Hi, TeaDotEh!

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community. We are sorry to learn you have issues with your Surface Pro (5th Gen). Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this and allowing us to help you out.

You mentioned about a Win10 recovery USB, can you provide the link where you got the instructions?

May we know if you tried to force shutdown the device and restart? If not, please try it out:

1. Press and hold the power button until the screen turns off (about 10 seconds), then release the power button.
  2. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You should see the Microsoft logo.

If that doesn't work, here's how to make sure your Surface turns off completely:

Press and hold down the power button until your Surface restarts and you see the Windows logo screen (about 20 seconds), then release the power button.

As for the files in your device, you might want to check this article in the Windows 10 Community that discusses how to rescue files when Windows wont start

If this answers your question, please let our Community know by marking this post as an answer. Otherwise, don't hesitate to respond to this thread if there’s anything else that needs to be addressed. 

Kind regards,

Janette_Z

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Janette, 

Thank you for getting back. 

I downloaded from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

I did try as you advised however I get an error, I didn't associate the device with any account when I first set it up. 

Can you advice how can I bypass this without losing my work on surface please? 

I've added photo of what I get:

I would be incredibly grateful if somebody can help me in this regard. 

Thank you. 

Regards, 

Tea

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem and unfortunately do not have a usb back up or disc back up...any toher way to restore my surface?

Really appreciate

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 1,799 Applies to: