The intel(R) wi-fi AX200 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware related problems

Hi, I have a recently purchased surface go 2 which was working fine until today but cannot access internet due to the above problem with driver/ hardware. Have powered off and on several times but still have the same message and cannot access internet. any help would be much appreciated as child cannot access school lessons on line without it.

Thanks

Hello CliveHarvey,

Thanks for posting your concern here.

In this case, please uninstall the network adapter. Go to Device Manager > Network adapter > Right-click all the network adapter and select uninstall. Check the box saying delete the driver. Then, run  Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and check for Windows Update

Update drivers and firmware: Check what is the current OS Build of your Windows version by typing winver on the search bar near the Windows logo. Go to Download driver and firmware for Surfacechoose (your Surface model) then click Download. Choose the .msi file that matches or nearest to your current OS Build and click NextAfter downloading, run and install the .msi then Restart.

Also, see Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows for more troubleshooting guide.

Hope this helps.

StevenK

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello CliveHarvey,

Thanks for posting your concern here.

In this case, please uninstall the network adapter. Go to Device Manager > Network adapter > Right-click all the network adapter and select uninstall. Check the box saying delete the driver. Then, run  Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and check for Windows Update

Update drivers and firmware: Check what is the current OS Build of your Windows version by typing winver on the search bar near the Windows logo. Go to Download driver and firmware for Surfacechoose (your Surface model) then click Download. Choose the .msi file that matches or nearest to your current OS Build and click Next. After downloading, run and install the .msi then Restart.

Also, see Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows for more troubleshooting guide.

Hope this helps.

StevenK

My Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz  

Says this =device can not start (code 10)

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful 

What do i do when it says that do i have to take it somewhere or do i just look it up 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. If we delete driver, how can we download anything from the internet. The network adapter is not working.

Do we need to download on pen drive and do this?

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im not sure i might just take it to a place and see 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey !! I managed to solve the problem by following step 2 of the video below.

The Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160 MHz Adapter Experiencing Driver or Hardware Related Problem on Surface - YouTube

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 12,948 Applies to: