Tactile setting missing on Surface Laptop Studio (Windows 10)

Hello! This may already be addressed in here but I have been unable to find an answer so far. I have a Surface Slim Pen 2 that I'm trying to get working with my Surface Laptop Studio. It pairs via bluetooth, but duplicates itself in the device list when I connect it to the magnetic spot on the front underside. I've tried removing the device and re-pairing multiple times, and either way it does the same thing.

The pen works for the most part, but the haptics are not working. I've seen that I need to turn the tactile signals option on in Settings > Pen & Windows Ink, but that setting is not available. Additionally, the Surface app shows an error message when I try to look at the pen pressure settings in there. Screen shots are below.

Hello Eurkos,

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear about this issue on your device and its pen. We understand how concerning this could be. Please do know that this is not the experience we want you to have.

As what you mentioned, your device should support Tactile signals from its pen indeed and this can be adjusted through Start Settings Bluetooth & devices Pen & Windows Ink Tactile signals,

In your case, if the Tactile settings is missing, then it might be due to a software conflicts or corrupted system files. So, pleas try running these methods to troubleshoot your device and see if it helps.

If issue still persists, then we may need to perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact.

To reset your PC, go to Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Recovery  > Reset this PC Get Started. Then, select Keep my files, choose cloud or local, change your settings, and set Restore preinstalled apps? to No

Let us know how it goes. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

StevenK

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 5, 2024 Views 135 Applies to: