Surface Pro / Windows 10 "Active hours can only be set between 1 and 12"

I don't know about the Microsoft management ;-) but is anyone else "active" for more than 12 hours per day...I know I certainly am and there is nothing more frustrating than when you computer decides to reboot just as you pick it up in the morning or for that final check of emails at night!  I really wish I could set the hours "I" require rather than being forced to pick either morning or evening!

Anyone else share this frustration...if so pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese Microsoft remove the active hours "12" maximum!

Other than that brilliant!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

So I started having an issue with my computer screen going blank and freezing up - the cursor just sitting there on the screen sometimes and others just doing nothing at all. I'm assuming AT THIS POINT it was doing this automatic update outside of "active hours" garbage.

I had no idea about this "update".

I work at night. So not log after taking my computer out of hibernation it was happening to me whenever there were  updates since it is outside of the 8 AM to 4 PM set window.

I completely wiped my hard drive and reinstalled up from Windows 8 because of this garbage.

Now I found this stupid setting yesterday and changed it to 7 PM to 7 AM, but I was going to send some e-mail to people at work after 7 AM AND I was in the middle of writing an e-mail ....

Just after 7 AM ...

There is no message on the screen to say anything. My screen just goes blank.

It was blank  until after 12 Noon at least.

And, yes, I use my computer more than 12 hours a day. I tried to set this setting so that my computer was set up to be FUNCTIONAL around 20 hours per day.

When was this added?! Why is there no warning on screen what is going on and when I will regain access to my computer?!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

OH, and I have a laptop and should be using Windows 10 for a PC.

If the automated system reinstalled a Surface version on my Laptop, then there is a real problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 23, 2018 Views 165 Applies to: