Surface Pro 4 Typecover Not Working

I've lost count on how many hours I've spent trying to resolve this issue, which is now my second time. 

On the Devices screen in settings, when i snap on my Typecover, the Surface recognises it and shows that a Typecover is connected, yet it doesn't light up, respond and neither the trackpad or keyboard works.

I have;

Performed a full restart, with the Typecover connected and without.

Disconnected and reconnected the Typecover ten times.

Performed a full system reinstall.

Uninstalled the deivers, reinstalled and actioned all updates.

Cleaned the connections on both the Typecover & Surface.

Gone into BIOS mode to select and deselect the Typecover setting.

The list and time is endless and im still no further to getting it working again! It happened a few months back and i messed about that much it started working again but cannot remet how i did it! I've even tried another Typecover and that didn't work either, yet my Typecover worked on another Surface device. 

My Device is now out of warranty and therefore Microsoft will offer no support without payment. There are so many people experiencing these issues across all Surface Devices and yet not one r solution is simple and effective. 

I'm now resorting to using a Bluetooth keyboard which works but is not what i intended on buying my Surface for in the first place. 

There is obviously some glitch in the Hardware/Software/Driver which Microsoft doesn't appear to know how to fix itself.

Another strange issue is that I've noticed my screen rotation also isnt working which is 100% linked to the Typecover issue. 

If anyone can offer any advice other than what ive alret tried that would be amazing. 

This is categorically my LAST Surface Device i am prepared to spend my hard earnt money one. 

Thanks, James

Question Info

Last updated October 2, 2019 Views 93 Applies to:

Apologies for the errors in typing, at least my anger and frustration shows clearly! 

The only additional bit of info i can add is that in the bios settings (holding down the power button and volume up for 15 seconds) is that my trackpad on the Typecover actually works, but the keys nor light doesn't. This is even more frustrating. 

When i boot up and start using the trackpad, the mouse cursor on screen actually moves and works for about 3 seconds before freezing out and going back dormant.

Thanks,

James

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Barb
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.