Surface Pro 4 Dock USB issues

I have an external Logitech keyboard/mouse connected via wireless USB connections to the new surface pro dock.  Sometimes, when I connect the dock to my pro 4, and turn it on, my external keyboard/mouse will not work (unresponsive).  This doesn't happen all the time, sometimes my keyboard/mouse get detected and I can use them just fine.  However, when it does not detect them, I have to take out the USB connections then re-plug them back in the dock then they will work.

I have the latest driver updates for everything, latest windows 10 updates.  Everything is up-to-date.  I tested by connecting the mouse USB dongle directly to the surface pro 4 and the keyboard dongle to the dock.  The mouse always worked while the keyboard did not always work so I know it's the dock.  Is this a bug, or is the dock defective?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Please make sure your Surface Dock is up to date. The Microsoft Surface Dock Updater tool allows you to check the firmware status of a Surface Dock and to manually update the firmware of Surface Dock devices if necessary.

For more information, please view our Manage Surface Dock firmware updates article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Updated: 10/18/2016

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2020 Views 22,120 Applies to: