Surface Laptop 3 - Keyboard & TouchPad not working after cloud download reset (Win10 22H2)

I just conducted a cloud download clean reset on my Surface Laptop 3 (Intel Model). After the reset, the keyboard and touch pad stopped working.

The OS is running on Win 10 22H2. The keyboard and touchpad works without issues in the UEFI settings.

On inspection of device manager, the Surface Serial Hub Driver has a code 10 error. The Surface Mini Hid driver is missing. [See Image]

The surface keyboard and touch pad is not recognized in the device manager. [See Image]

Does any one have any experience with this issue?

Thanks in Advance!

Hello archer_140,

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community. I'm sorry to hear about this issue on your device. I'll do my best to help.

In this case, I'd highly suggest running these steps to update the device and download the drivers and firmware manually and see if it helps.

Run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, then select it in the list of results.
    If it's not already installed, you can download it from the Microsoft Store.

• Follow the on-screen instructions in the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit.

Update Windows. Ensure all pending updates are installed.

• Check for Windows updates. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update.

Manually install drivers and firmware for Surface

• Check what is the current OS Build of your Windows version by typing winver on the search bar near the Windows logo.

• Go to Download driver and firmware for Surfacechoose (your Surface model) then click Download.
    Choose the .msi file closest to your current OS Build and click Next.
    After downloading, run and install the .msi then Restart. 

Let me know how it goes. I'll wait for your response.

Regards,

StevenK

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Have the same problem. suggested solution didn't work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 190 Applies to: