Surface duo with last update.

After the last update in April the screens go black, sometimes.

I also have this issue randomly, I can't seem to figure out what triggers it to occur though.  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Getting black or black screen and double tap switch screen frequently past April update in book mode and when flat opened. Really annoying and random.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have this issue randomly, I can't seem to figure out what triggers it to occur though.  

I had this situation also.  Microsoft Launcher just updated and the issue seems to have gone away.  Screen modes are now correct and switching properly, as is rotation.  You might ensure you have the latest version of the Microsoft Launcher.  It just updated to version 6.210402.0.960830 (non-beta) on both of our devices.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

When the screens go black on your Duo do both screens go black or is it a specific screen that this happens on? When this happens do you have to tap the power button on and off for it to recover or do you have to restart the phone entirely? Also please check to ensure that you are on the latest version of the Microsoft Launcher in the Google Play Store. You can do this by launching the Playstore, searching for Microsoft Launcher and you will see the "Update" button if there is an update pending for it.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It has been random in behavior and screen. When I had checked previously there was no update for the Launcher but I see one now, dated April 23. Installing and will report back after a day or two.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Updated the launcher and that hasn't resolved it. I cleared the app cache, phone has been rebooted, etc. and still the issue persists. It is happening less frequently but is still happening. It happens with or without any apps open/displayed on a screen as well. This release doesn't seem like any QA testing was done. At this point, I am seriously considering a replacement for an expensive phone that hasn't been out for a year.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2021 Views 84 Applies to: