Surface book screen detached on both sides Images What to Do?

Please see attached photo. My screen has detached from my surface.  What can I do? It appears to be a major defect?  I called Microst support and someone gave me a case number and said it happens with all technology. Microsoft never called me back  i need my compiter to work  thank you!,

* Merged *

My surface laptop has the screen is detached from the middle of both sides. You can almost see through the computer. I don’t know what to do please help. This is not normal and it is an obvious defect. The computer cannot close anymore because the screens are pushed up by something. I have many pictures of it that I can post if you need them. Can someone help me? I don’t know if there is a defect case on this one but it’s pretty bad. I use the computer for my work and it is becoming very problematic.  Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue. Just happened last night. Is this safe? I hear the battery is expanding! How long will the computer last? My screen in the lower left is discoloring. 

If I have to replace it I will be out, 1. new computer 2. add ons, keyboard, dock station, software, ... 3. have to purchase and set up new comp....

Should I go back to another surface......? Will it have similar issues?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2021 Views 40 Applies to: