Surface Book 2 and Krita

Hello, I just got my surface book 2 last weekend and was absolutely in love with it until I realized that the only drawing program I really like seems to have a pressure sensitivity with surface's. Someone on a different forum mentioned that there are settings/downloads to mess with to get the pressure sensitivity to work in Krita but I have really poor knowledge of computer software and I would prefer to get that type of information from here. So my question is, how to I get my pen to function correctly in Krita? everything else is awesome, but this is my preferred software and it's really disappointing to have spent so much on upgrading to this unit for it not to work with my favourite drawing software. TIA.

You are going to have to contact Krita in regards to the link up with the pen support on the tablet.  Krita originally came out for the KDE flavor of Linux and has grown ever since - but, it is not high level "under the hood".

You would be better off with a drawing program available in the Store since those will have support for the pen to include the pressure levels.

You can check out Krita here: https://krita.org/en/

James R. Vinyard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

download Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip, open it and install the driver.

>So my question is, how to I get my pen to function correctly in Krita?

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 27, 2024 Views 1,946 Applies to: