Recommended SD card for Surface Book 2 15 for Gaming

I have a 256GB SB2 15 and want to be able to expand memory and store/play games from the card.  Is there a recommended card that will work? 

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

As of right now, these are the fastest SD card on the market. I need the same for my Surface Book 2, but I haven't had time to look at the specs to see if all of these would work or if only some of them would work. It just depends on the memory card reader in the Surface. These are the top 4 fastest available today:

Sony SF-G UHS-II U3

Model numbers: SF-G32/SF-G64/SF-G128

Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II U3

Model number: LSD64GCRBNA2000R

Toshiba Exceria Pro UHS-II U3

Model number: N101

SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-II U3

Model number: SDSDXP

I recently bought this, which came in a few days ago so I haven't had time to try it out yet:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XLAZ9KC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a dual bay USB 3.1 Gen 2 dock for 2.5"/3.5" SATA SSDs/HDDs and supports SATA I, II, III, and UASP (supporting up to 10Gbps). I'm currently building a new desktop, and I'm using 2 x M.2. SSDs, which means I won't need the Samsung SSDs I was using in my old PC, so I figured I'd buy this and see how it performs. It can hold 2 drives, they can be controlled individually, and I figured it would provide me with as much space as I'll ever need, but it's not as portable and convenient as an SD card, which is why I'm looking to buy one of those too. I'm anxious to try this thing out, and it would be really nice if it supports RAID0. I need to find some time to hook it up, install a couple of SSDs, run some performance tests, and determine if it's worth keeping before my return window runs up. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

You should check out this stuff!

https://www.windowscentral.com/best-microsd-expansion-cards-surface-book

When I'll be finally able to order the 2 15" in Belgium I'm certainly going to consider this.

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 5, 2021 Views 3,608 Applies to: