Pop-ups saying my device has viruses.

I keep on getting pop ups, every couple of minutes via microsoft edge saying that I have Trojan Viruses, but my Virus Protection on my Surface Pro says I don't, what can I do to block these pop-ups? And or make sure I don't have viruses. Here is an example of the pop ups, pretty sure this is a scam right?

Hello Andrew Jardine1,

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

As per the photo you provided, it appears that these pop-ups might be due to third-party extensions on your Edge browser. Follow the steps below to disable the extensions and see if it help.

1. Turn off the internet on your device by disconnecting the Wifi.

2. Open Microsoft Edge, then click the three-dot icon located in the upper right corner of the browser.

3. Then select Extensions, and choose Manage extensions.

4. Toggle the switch off button to disable these extensions. Otherwise, you can click Remove button for any suspicious extensions that you have not installed.

Let me know how it goes.

I'll wait for your response.

Regards,

StevenK

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved, but if you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I have been getting spontaneous pop ups exactly like the ones in the pictures but when i go to the manage extensions it says i haven’t installed any. And everything is already off but the pop ups keep happening. I’m not sure what to do.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue,

Sincerely, Iliana B

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 902 Applies to: