Please rearrange the international english keyboard printout of Surface Book.

I was grown in a country where only keyboards with ANSI layout are used. And I came to a country in Europe several years ago, where man finds only ISO layout keyboards.

After Surface Book released, I tried to use ISO layout, because there wasn't any choice but ISO layout Surface Book at that time. Anyway after a year I figured it out that the layout isn't my favorite. And I found Surface Book with ANSI layout in Netherlands. I was really pleased and bought it. Then I was a bit frustrated about its keyboard printout.

Here is the picture.

(Picture from Tweakers)

Well not all users find where difference exists.

It is the numkeys. Come on MS. Are they all left justified because of A €URO Sign?

That breaks all above the harmony of this keyboard layout. What the discord.

We can make an observation, what another comparable company produces.

Let's check it out, how Apple did.

UK Layout

Dutch Layout

(From Apple)

They centered num printouts and just added right side a sign. I know that it is ISO and isn't what I'm finding. Nonetheless I assume that MS can make besser English international keyboard in this way, namely ANSI layout keyboard with centered numbers printouts like any of Apple's.

At least Apple offers original US keyboard as well and US keyboard is quite popular especially for CS Students or Engineers in this country where I'm living.

I know that it's paranoid. But I paid more than 2500 Euro for this laptop. At this price point laptops may be expected somewhat close perfect IMHO.

Thanks for reading.

All opinions are welcome.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated May 3, 2022 Views 570 Applies to: