Mold on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2

I just returned from a two week trip to find a gray/white mold scattered across the alcantara keyboard of my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2. How to remove? I've tried a baking soda and warm water mix, but didn't do much good. Any suggestions?

Hello SK228,

Thank you for reaching out Microsoft Community. Can you try to use swirling motions, gently clean with a white line-free cloth dampened with soap and water. A simple solution of two parts water to one part mild soap (like hand soap) will do. Wipe dry using a clean light-colored cloth. Or see Clean and care for your Surface.

Regards,

KarenJune_F

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately no luck with the soap and water suggestion either. I have attached a picture in case that helps.

Welcome more suggestions!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately no luck with the soap and water suggestion either. I have attached a picture in case that helps.

Welcome more suggestions!

Hi SK228,

Thanks for your patience on this. We appreciate your effort in posting and also in cleaning it. As a suggestion, you might try to visit the store to have this check.

You can also contact our Microsoft Support at 1-800-642-7676 or Chat with us at http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support

If you are not in US, you can refer to Microsoft Support in your area on this link :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Please let us know if this helps. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us by posting or replying.

Regards,

Edd

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 3, 2024 Views 500 Applies to: