Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters disconnects after approx. 30 minutes consistently

Split from this thread.

Ok guys, this issue has been annoying me.  I have researched this and haven't been able to come to a solution yet.  I have all updates on my computer, and the MWDA is fully updated to the latest firmware as of writing this on January 7th, 2016.  I will connect to the MWDA, and consistently, after about 30 minutes (an estimate, not exactly the same time every time) it will freeze on the second display, then go right back to the "Ready to connect" screen.  No error is displayed.  My SP3 will require a moment to see that it's not connected, then I hear the *ding* and I am able to select it and connect again.  I can't get a connection to last longer than that.  I am able to simply reconnect after this happens, but this constant disconnection is terribly annoying.  I have gone through these solutions:

1) Uninstall and reinstall the Intel Display drivers

2) Uninstall and reinstall the MARVEL AVASTAR network drivers

3)I had a Pallo Alto (I think that's the name) secure VPN thing for my school that I deleted, because I heard they cause issues

4)Reset the MWDA with the button

None of these have been successful, I still get disconnected.  I am currently in a house with 5 Mbps wifi, which isn't the fastest in the world, I didn't know if that may cause the issue, but since it creates a direct wifi connection, I can't see how that would affect this.

If anyone wants to know, it is a i5, 128Gb SP3 with Windows 10.  Love this piece of machinery with most of my heart.  This problem is preventing the use of all my heart.  I never have had any other issues.  I will be very glad to provide more information if someone thinks it is necessary.

Why was this moved to the bottom of a list by a moderator?  I have a legitimate issue that has yet to be fixed, and I want this to be answered.  I paid for these devices, let my question remain please.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Aaron,

I've split your post out from the others for you.

It's weird that this disconnect occurs after apprx 30 minutes regularly and that sounds like power management to me. Is the MWDA being powered by the TV or is it powered by AC to the wall? If by the TV, can you power from the AC to rule out the TV timing out/power management on that side?

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Might help to install driver pack: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49498 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2023 Views 960 Applies to: